Worship Service Outdoors August 9
Are you READY, WILLING And ABLE? This is the question I want you to keep in mind as you read through the following details.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
The plan which follows will not suit everyone.
In fact, no plan we create will make everyone happy.
To that end, please extend grace to those who are leading – they’ve never led through a pandemic.
Extend grace to one another.
Everybody has opinions about best steps forward.
This is a PRIME opportunity for the devil to drive division between sisters and brothers in faith. As the scriptures say -“Resist him and he will flee.”
Giving grace to one another often requires sacrifice. Let us then look to Christ Jesus who modeled this for us.
More or Less Christian:
Each person and family are going to have to decide what’s best for them.
Choosing to attend or stay home does NOT make you more or less a faithful follower of Jesus. This is a no guilt no obligation zone.
First: we will continue to produce and distribute our digital worship service every week.
You will continue to get a Sunday email with links to our Worship Service and Children’s Messages.
That will NOT stop.
Please know, this digital expression of worship is the EXACT same as the one on Sunday morning.
There is no distinction between the content of video worship and the live worship.
We meet in person for OUTDOOR WORSHIP.
Outdoor worship is the 2nd and 4th Sunday of the Month.
You will be READY to join us if you’re WILLING TO:
Practice Through Hand Hygiene – there will be hand sanitizer available and you are asked to use it.
Practice Social Distancing – It will good to be together.
But, to best love our neighbor it is important in these days to practice social distancing. Please repeat peoples’ space.
Secondly, you are READY to join us for Worship if you are ABLE:
You are ABLE to return to worship if you are healthy.
Please, stay at home if you are sick in any way. If you are in a high risk group, you are NOT ABLE to safely return to worship. High risk groups, according to the CDC are:
(For source click here)
- People with Chronic Lung Disease or moderate to severe asthma.
- People who have serious heart conditions.
- People who are immunocompromised.
- People with severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher).
- People with diabetes, liver disease, or undergoing kidney dialysis.
- People 65 and older are technically considered high risk.
Please, consider your overall health and any underlying conditions you may have, before choosing to come.
If you are WILLING to practice social distancing and good hand hygiene, and you are physically ABLE, then you are READY to join us for outdoor worship.
Here’s some important details that you need to know:
First, with the protocols below, it will take some extra time so please plan to arrive early.
- You’ll need to bring your own CHAIR (or blanket) – if you haven’t already swept the cobwebs from beach and lawn chairs, now’s the time.
- Please enter the Parking Lot through the normal entrance, you’ll be greeted there and given further direction on where to park.
- If you need assistance, there will be people who will assist you.
- You will be asked to sanitize your hands on the way into worship and encouraged to as you leave.
- You will be required to fill out a welcome card when coming to worship (in case the health departments asks.)
- families of 4 or less will be asked to sit in a 10×10 seating square – marked by the cut lines in the concrete.
- If you have 5 or more you’ll be asked to take two squares.
- Households can sit together, but social distancing must be maintained between households.
- Please remain in these squares for the duration of Worship.
- Because we’ll be outdoors, please come dressed appropriately: It’s time to break out the shorts, flip flops, sunglasses, hats and sunscreen.
ALSO, please bring water to drink.
- There will be no food or drink served and our water fountains have been turned off.
- Please use the restrooms before leaving your home (this is safer for everybody). While ours will be open for emergencies, please note, they are small and have lots of surfaces. If you have to use the restroom, you will be asked to maintain social distance and wear a mask.
If you are READY, WILLING and ABLE – then we’ll see you on Sunday at 10AM, with your chairs in our back parking lot.